Tuesday, February 16, 2010

allow me to re-introduce myself...

Hi there everyone. So I originally started this blog a few years ago at the same time I started Tube-alicious. My original plan: to review movies, TV, and music simultaneously. Obviously, the procrastinator in me totally prevented that from ever happening. But here we are, years later, and now as fate would have it... there are circumstances forcing me to pick a favorite movie and write about why I enjoyed it.

Naturally, to pick one favorite movie is like asking me what kind of purse I want for my birthday. Seriously, how can one decide? There's Marc Jacobs, Betsey Johnson, Chanel... What about the colors? Brown, Black, Red... And how about the design? Do I go classic, seasonal, vintage? Ah yes, tis the same tricky decision. Picking a singular favorite movie is like a never-ending, confusing, forehead-wrinkling activity (like watching an episode of Lost and trying to figure out what the temple is, who's Jacob, and why is Kate the female lead again?!)

So here is the new plan: Lent starts tomorrow and because I don't believe in giving anything up, I intend on adding something new to my daily routine. No, I don't plan on buying a purse everyday. Instead, I plan to watch a movie everyday until Easter. It can be one I've seen before or one I've never seen at all. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Whatever Genre. Whatever time period. To discover, describe, and for all intents and purposes--blog about why I enjoyed it. Hopefully by Easter, I'll figure out which lucky movie I'll deem "THE Favorite" status.

Suggestions?? Lemme know!

5 comments:

garrick said...

- amelie
- a very long engagement
- paris je t'aime
- city of god
- usual suspects
- havoc
- leon the professional
- 500 days of summer
- kids
- grave of the fireflies
- everything is illuminated

heres some that are on my list of movies to see:
- hotel rwanda
- downfall
- spirited away
- count of monte cristo
- the sentinel
- the cooler
- regarding henry
- intacto
- dangerous beauty
- persepolis
- theres some more but my list is at home... let me know for some of the ones i havent seen yet. im down to watch em if i am free

dank radio said...

BOOGIE NIGHTS!

-Noel

Unknown said...

the one movie that i have in mind that was my personal classic is called 'War of the Buttons' to this day none of my friends have seen it. its an irish movie that came out in the early 90s, about kids and clicks sort of. i believe its rated pg or pg13 so no skin or action (if you know what i mean). the only american movie that i can compare it to is The Sandlot.

Anonymous said...

glitter!

Wesley said...

perhaps somewhat cliche but... eternal sunshine of the spotless mind